Sunday, June 20, 2010

Is It Possible For Your Hair To Be Thin In Front And Not Be Due To Male Pattern Baldness?

When I comb my hair infront I usually pull a few hairs out (some have little white dots on the end). It's not especially thin, but it is thinner than the rest of my head.



My dad is bald, and so was his father and all of his brothers.



My mother has all her hair, and so does everyone on her side of the family.



I also dye my hair occasionally (around 5 times since last summer), and bleach certain parts (I've done this twice, once on the side, and once infront). I also straighten my hair every morning.



I know these things can make your hair thinner, but straightening my hair usually doesnt make my hair thinner until after I do it.



My hairline seems fine, it comes down normal infront and doesn't doesn't go back on the sides as far as most guys my age (16).



Could my thin hair in the front of my head be caused by something other than male pattern baldness? When I search that's all that comes up.



Is It Possible For Your Hair To Be Thin In Front And Not Be Due To Male Pattern Baldness?

I'm pretty sure you're losing your hair from all those chemicals you are dumping on them, and the pulling and heat from heat styling! You can also be losing some hair because of the hormone testosterone that teenager males produce in quite high levels and because you are genetically predisposed.



Tips: leave your hair alone and adopt a healthy diet. You shouldn't be losing your hair at such a young age (I'm pretty sure you're too young to be suffering from male pattern baldness anyways so don't stress out about it - see a doctor if this really bothers you).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus scan