Saturday, November 28, 2009

Do dead Head Lice stay in the hair unless found with a lice comb?

My daughter has very thick hair that is hard to comb with a lice comb. This is our first experience with Head Lice. I combed my daughter's hair for 4 hours this morning (literally, poor dear) after it was treated and I'm still not certain I got it all. We'll treat it again in a week as instructed but I'm afraid if I don't find them all I coud take her to a hairdresser and she would be vilified. If I miss some are they in there until the hair grows out?



Do dead Head Lice stay in the hair unless found with a lice comb?

Unfortunately, they are there until the hair falls out or grows out. I had 3 daughters who had gorgeous long hair, and they caught head lice at school. I probably ended up spending at least 20 to 40 hours each combing out the dead stuff. Every night I would sit down in front of the TV and go through their hair with a lice comb. Another thing is that the school may not let them come back (assuming the school knows about the lice or checks for them) until the dead lice and eggs are out. It's a pain and a half! At least with boys you can zip that hair off.



Do dead Head Lice stay in the hair unless found with a lice comb?

Nits tend to stay on hair strands even after shampooing and combing. You should try to visually check as much of her hair as possible for the nits, I would not worry so much about the dead lice because they can't do anymore damage.



Do dead Head Lice stay in the hair unless found with a lice comb?

the dead lice should fall out when she washes her hair. The comb is for the eggs. the eggs look like dandruff but need to be pulled off of the stand of hair. just every day for a few days look threw her hair %26amp; check to see if you notice anything like what I described. My neice had headlice for some time. I thoughther parents took care of it so a few weeks after I found out I sent my daughter over to their house %26amp; she came back with lice she also has very long %26amp; thick hair. And I had to treat %26amp; comb out her hair twice. good luck Also make sure to wash blankets shirts %26amp; pillows. anything that has been near her hair if you do't they will come back. Drug stores sell a spray that comes in a arousel can cost about 6$ its for matress and furniture stuff that will not fit in the washing machine



Do dead Head Lice stay in the hair unless found with a lice comb?

The main problem with lice are the nits. I used to do daycare and had a little boy who brought lice in all the time.



The best thing I would suggest is to get a "licemeister" comb and go through her hair daily for a couple weeks. Make sure you toss everything she comes into contact with in the dryer for about 20 minutes, this will kill any nits on them. Also have someone go through your hair and make sure you don't have it. Everytime the kid would come into into my home with it I would get it.



Both my oldest son and I have very thick long hair, it's not fun to run the comb through, but it's better than having lice. We haven't had it since I stopped doing daycare, but it's very frustrating when it comes into your home as it is hard to get rid of. Make sure everyone is treated and run the comb through everyone's hair. Do this often until you are sure they are gone. If you are still pulling nits you still have lice in the home. Continue combing through until you've gone a few days without finding nits and you should be okay. Good luck!



Do dead Head Lice stay in the hair unless found with a lice comb?

Thick hair and head lice are hard to deal with. I had the same problem with my daughter when she was in after school care. Make sure you wash all her bedding, stuffed animals that she might have contact with and her clothes. You need to keep coming her head all week and then use the lice shampoo again and comb it out again. If she is in an after school care, and it happens again make sure they check all the other kids head-it happened 3 time to my daughter and they kept saying no one had them. I took her out and she never got them again. Good luck and Good Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus scan