Friday, November 27, 2009

I am an african-american woman. I wash my hair every 2 weeks and I always lose a lot of hair while I

I am an african-american woman and my hair's length is past my shoulders. I wash my hair every 2 weeks and I always lose a lot of hair while I shampoo, and afterwards I use a detangling conditioner and comb it through and i always end up with tons of hair in the comb, long strands. Can somebody tell me why this is happening or what I can do to minimize so much hair falling/shedding? Also, a week after I wash it, it starts to shed long strands, probably 50 hairs a day, is this normal and why does it start happening approximetly 7 days after I wash it? I am in desperate need, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!



I am an african-american woman. I wash my hair every 2 weeks and I always lose a lot of hair while I shampoo..

Other factors to consider: What kinds of projucts are you using? Are you using professional grade products? Have you had your hair color treated or relaxed? Are you applying high heat to your hair excessively? You might want to consult a stylist. As an african american woman, I am familiar with the shedding as well. People naturally shed hair everyday and if you are washing every two weeks that's why you are seeing so much in your comb. When you comb everyday you are probably more gentle with your hair than when you wash because you are combing out knots and so forth. I would recommend that you wash about once a week. Two weeks is too long and use a good detangling shampoo or conditioner because you shouldnt be straining or pulling on your hair so hard. Also, I wrap my hair every night before bed because the friction from your hair on your pillow and you moving around causes breakage as well. Also be mindful that stress, and improper diet can also contribute to hair loss.



I am an african-american woman. I wash my hair every 2 weeks and I always lose a lot of hair while I shampoo..

This is very normal. I lose a lot of hair too in the shower.



I am an african-american woman. I wash my hair every 2 weeks and I always lose a lot of hair while I shampoo..

Wow, every two weeks? Hmmm....whether it needs it or not?



I am an african-american woman. I wash my hair every 2 weeks and I always lose a lot of hair while I shampoo..

Every 2 weeks seems like an abnormally long period of time.



I am an african-american woman. I wash my hair every 2 weeks and I always lose a lot of hair while I shampoo..

On the days you don't wash, are you tying it up extremely tight into cornrows or anything like that? Sometimes I've seen black women with hair pulled so tight that it looks like it's going to pop right out of their head. If you're doing that, you could be damaging the hair.



If it's not that, then it could just be that because you go so long between washings, there's just more hair there to shed. All women with long hair shed a bit when they wash, but if you do it more often it doesn't seem like so much each time.



I'd take a look at your scalp and see if it looks like patches are balding or anything like that. If not, then I wouldn't worry. Just don't tie it up so tight (if you are) and wash more often, like every 2-3 days.



I am an african-american woman. I wash my hair every 2 weeks and I always lose a lot of hair while I shampoo..

don't listen to ignorants! Yes, this is normal (%26amp; I'm Caucasian). Talk to an african-american woman; she will confirm that it is normal %26amp; provide guidance.



I am an african-american woman. I wash my hair every 2 weeks and I always lose a lot of hair while I shampoo..

this has happened to me before and my hair stylist said it was the lack of moisture. your hair is probably very dry. i suggest that you use a deep moisturizing conditioner and oil your scalp every 2 to 3 days and then let me kno what happens.



I am an african-american woman. I wash my hair every 2 weeks and I always lose a lot of hair while I shampoo..

its normal to lose upto 100 strands of hair per combing. 1st of all u need to wash ur hair more frequently. the effect of detangling conditioner cannot last for 2 weeks so by the time u wash and comb ur hair again,ur hair has already been dry and under-nourished. 2 weeks is also enough to allow sweat and ur natural hair oil to clog ur scalp pores not allowing the skin to breathe. apart from washing ur hair more, at least once or twice a week, comb it everyday coz combing stimulates ur scalp and increases blood supply in the head. this is good for nourishing ur hair.



I am an african-american woman. I wash my hair every 2 weeks and I always lose a lot of hair while I shampoo..

wash ur hair more often idk lol



I am an african-american woman. I wash my hair every 2 weeks and I always lose a lot of hair while I shampoo..

The average person loses about 100 hairs a day.



Do you lose enough hair to clog the drain? Are there any thin spots on your scalp?



1] comb hair before washing



2] wet hair, and apply 25-50 cent size of shampoo. Rub together on palms, and apply to scalp. Scrub your scalp, not your hair. Rinse well.



3] apply 25-50 cents size of conditioner to hair, not scalp. Massage into hair gently. Rinse well.



4] blot dry with towel - no rubbing - wet hair is fragile!



5] comb through with wide tooth comb



6] be sure to wash all combs, brushes, etc. about once a month



7] use a deep conditioner once-twice a month



8] avoid blow dryers, straighteners, irons, etc until hair is in better shape



9] eat a quality diet - lean protein, low fat dairy, whole grains, lots of fruits and vegetables



10] drink 1/2 gallon of water a day



11] avoid fried, fast, and junk food - even diet junk food



12] take a quality multivitamin with minerals every day



I am an african-american woman. I wash my hair every 2 weeks and I always lose a lot of hair while I shampoo..

It's normal. Don't worry. Unless you are noticeably thinning, don't worry. Our hair sheds each and every day. If you wear your hair natural, curly, or in braids, the hairs that we shed that normally fall onto our clothes or get caught in our brushes/combs, etc. get stuck in the curls/braids. So when you shampoo your hair and actually "free" all those hairs that have been caught in your curls/braids, while it may be a fist full of hair, it's not as if it's fallen out all of a sudden. It's the hair that has accumulated over 2 weeks. If the average shedding is 100 strands per day multiply that by 14 days. That's a lot of hair! lol I suggest either changing to shampooing your hair once a week and every 2 weeks follow your shampoo with a deep conditiong treatment, or sticking with 2 week intervals but using some hair dressing or protective oil daily to restore moisture. I am caucasian but I do a lot of african-american hair. So while I don't experience it myself, I know for the most part what I'm talking about. Hope this put your mind at ease and I hope my suggestions help!!!



I am an african-american woman. I wash my hair every 2 weeks and I always lose a lot of hair while I shampoo..

Wash your hair every day like proper hygiene dictates, and you won't have 2 weeks worth of shedding happen all at once. If I waited 2 weeks to clip my nails then I would have huge nail clippings, wouldn't I?



I am an african-american woman. I wash my hair every 2 weeks and I always lose a lot of hair while I shampoo..

Hi. I used to lose a lot of hair after shampooing too until I changed my shampoo. Take a look at the ingredients in your shampoo. If it contains sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, ammonium lauryl sulfate, ammonium laureth sulfate, or soap (sometimes listed as saponified oil of ....) you might be using a shampoo that is too harsh for your hair. If your shampoo is too harsh, it can cause hair damage. Look for a shampoo without these ingredients, and that is made for dry hair. You didn't say how you are wearing your hair (natural, relaxed, braided, etc.) If you have a chemical treatment in your hair it might also contribute to the hair loss you are experiencing. It is normal to lose up to 100 hairs a day. However, if you think you are losing too much hair, maybe you are combing or brushing it too vigorously also. Avoid brushing, and use a wide tooth comb or your fingers to gently go through your hair.



I am an african-american woman. I wash my hair every 2 weeks and I always lose a lot of hair while I shampoo..

it is normal to loose an average of 100 hairs a day. you need to brush and shampoo more frequently



I am an african-american woman. I wash my hair every 2 weeks and I always lose a lot of hair while I shampoo..

I had the same problem. You need to brush your hair more often, I know that can be a problem for some hair styles, but it needs to be done. You need more protein. Since you wash your hair every 2 weeks, you should put a protein pack on. Or you can wash your hair with an egg (if you do that then make sure you're washing your hair in cool water)!



Your hair is falling out because you are not stimulating your scalp on a regular bases. That's not an old wives tale about brushing your hair 100 times everyday before you go to bed. If you brush your hair every night, for at least 2 minutes, the next time you wash your hair, you will find that less to no hair will fall out.



I am an african-american woman. I wash my hair every 2 weeks and I always lose a lot of hair while I shampoo..

a human normally looses 80-100 hairs a day. You should use a high quality boar bristle brush DAILY to release these trapped/ shedding hairs. And always brush right before you shampoo. This daily brushing will also allow you to distribute the natural oils from your scalp. Which will condition your hair, as from proffesional experience african amer hair is somewhat dry. Also the brushing stimulates the blood flow to the scalp allowing for healthier growth of hair.Two weeks is quite a while to go, even with african hair. Id suggest using a milder shampoo and try shampooing 1 time a week for a month or two, see if this helps.



I am an african-american woman. I wash my hair every 2 weeks and I always lose a lot of hair while I shampoo..

It is pretty normal. You probably use a lot of product during the two weeks. That makes your hair kind of dry, and as you're washing it it breaks off. Don't worry you wont go bald!



I am an african-american woman. I wash my hair every 2 weeks and I always lose a lot of hair while I shampoo..

Losing this much hair is normal so don't worry. The reason you're seeing as much as you are is because everyone sheds hair daily and the only way most people get it out is to brush it daily....so if you're waiting 2 weeks to wash, comb, and condition your hair your just seeing 2 weeks of hair loss at one time....so don't worry....



I am an african-american woman. I wash my hair every 2 weeks and I always lose a lot of hair while I shampoo..

First you need to used a shampoo for African-American woman's. Go to the beauty store not wal-mart. Sally's is a good place to start. Look for shampoo that gives good and strong health hair growth. Surge is a good formulated to reduce split ends and breakages.



I am an african-american woman. I wash my hair every 2 weeks and I always lose a lot of hair while I shampoo..

coz you all women baby.



these white whores could llearn something frm u my queen.



I am an african-american woman. I wash my hair every 2 weeks and I always lose a lot of hair while I shampoo..

You will be bald verrry soon. Shop for wigs

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus scan