Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Is gel bad for my super-curly hair?

Okay you hair know-it-alls. Here's how I take care of my hair: Shampoo and rinse my scalp, condition and rinse my ends, comb out while still wet, use leave-in conditioner on dryer days, and use quite a bit of gel and spray to get obedient curls and less frizz. Is this a good way to keep my long, red hair in line? Are there any specific (and affordable) products I should try?



Is gel bad for my super-curly hair?

I have super curly and dry hair. I use Paul Michelle extra moisture shampoo, conditioner, gloss drops, and leave in conditioner. I use a little bit of Dove moisturizing hair spray. It doesn't even feel like I have anything in my hair yet it holds very well. I don't use a comb or brush either. When my hair is wet I use a wide pick or my fingers to run though my hair. This keeps it from breaking, and the curls come out looking spirally and great. Looks like your doing a great job from what you've written. Get as much moisture into your hair as possible. One more thing blow drying your hair damages it. The heat is very bad for it. They do sell blow dryers that blow cool air or room temp. air. I have one.



Is gel bad for my super-curly hair?

No



Is gel bad for my super-curly hair?

definately



Is gel bad for my super-curly hair?

no honey gel isnt bad for your hair. but do try redken's frshcurls line. it is wonderful for naturally curly or permed hair



Is gel bad for my super-curly hair?

well, red hair is on a completely different plain than any other hair. I do the same with my long, curly, have a mind of it's own red hair. If you find something better let me know, otherwise its the only thing that works. Try a hot oil treatment once a week.



Is gel bad for my super-curly hair?

NO NO NO......if you don't wash your hair regularly, you should at least wet it, and put in a cream leave-in conditioner. All gel is going to is dry out and burn you hair, and give it that crispy feeling. I just started using SUN SILK FOR CURLY/WAVY HAIR, and the leave-in has done wonders for my hair. Gels and hairsprays are very damaging for curly hair, I should know I've tried everything in the book, being that I have curly hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus scan